StarGate

StarGate

Sunday 1 December 2013

Stargate

I have always been a massive fan of the Stargate series and when someone said to me how about a full size Stargate for an event I said, OK.
The plan is to unveil the Stargate at the April 2014 Corsham Sci-fi event.
Progress os far has included the basic wood structure. Each of the nine sections of the circle is made from 6mm MDF. To give the gate greater structure I have sandwiched two 6mm pieces of MDF either side of a 3" block of wood. The idea is that each section of the circle will be bolted together through the 3" blocks holding the circle together when placed vertical. The front face details are also made from 6mm MDF including the chevrons  which will eventually have amber LED strips placed in them. 

The whole circle is 3 metres across which will certainly give it a real presence at events.
In one of the photos below I asked my son to sit in the centre of the circle to give an idea of scale.
The gate is made in sections and will be easily stackable for both storage and moving around to events.














No comments:

Post a Comment